Committee on Preparation for Ministry (CPM)
The Committee on Preparation for Ministry is responsible to guide the process for full preparation of individuals who are to be ordained as ministers of the Word and Sacrament. The committee does this by:
1. Providing orientation for individuals and sessions considering church vocations.
2. Prayerfully discerning the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives and ministries of Inquirers and Candidates under care of the Presbytery.
3. Building faithful relationships with sessions and seminaries that support and train Inquirers and Candidates.
4. Providing direction and information to equip Inquirers and Candidates educationally and vocationally.
5. Challenging those in the preparation for ministry process to a mature obedience to the Holy Spirit in their life and vocation.
Point of Contact:Jackson Clelland
Monthly Meeting: 2nd Thursday, 9 AM-12 Noon
Moderator, Jackson Clelland, TE
Sandra Kim, TE Stated Clerk, Staff
Carol Bridgeman, RE, Staff
Vanessa Bates, CRE
Betty Christiansen, RE
Bill Goff, TE
Josh Matthews, TE
Anette Rihovsky, TE
Permanent Judicial Commission (PJC)
Responsible for carrying out the Church’s judicial process as defined by the Rules of Discipline.
Point of Contact: Stated Clerk
Meeting: As Needed
Moderator: TBD for 2022
John Gabbard, RE
Paul Kim, RE
David Ludwig, RE
Lori Ruff-Schmalenberger, RE
John Skelley, TE
Jeff Van Hoosear, RE
Kirk Winslow, TE
Presbytery Gathering Team (PGT)
Purpose – To build enthusiasm and energy for the Presbytery Gathering, by coordinating activities that flow together in a natural rhythm for missional effectiveness.
Function – With input from teams and committees, to plan entire Presbytery Gathering, including all elements of the gathering. The team will consolidate the duties of the Docket Committee, Open Space, worship and logistics. The team will also seek regular feedback on Gatherings.
Point of Contact: Bob Parker
Meeting: Second Wednesday of the month, 12:00PM on Zoom
RE Bob Parker, Moderator
RE Gail Stearns, Moderator Elect
TE David Beary, Vice-Moderator Elect
TE Tom Cramer, Executive Presbyter
SCT Representative: NA
GCT Representative: NA
Council Representative : NA
At Large: TE Mark Davis
TE Lynn Stone
At Large: RE Chris Lee
RE Debbie Haley, Staff
Sexual Misconduct Response Team (SMRT)
SMRT, in consultation with the Committee on Ministry, may arrange for the pastoral care of affected persons (victim and immediate family, accuser and immediate family, and congregation and staff, of the accused). SMRT and the Committee on Ministry will also work with churches to prevent sexual misconduct and to support the creation of individual church sexual misconduct policies.
Moderator and Point of Contact: Suzanne Elkins
Sandra Kim, TE, Stated Clerk
Jeff Bridgeman, TE
Jason Griffice, TE
Adele Langworthy, TE
Hayes Noble, TE
Staff Relations (SR)
The Committee on Staff Relation is responsible for:
- Updating PLR’s Staff Rationale and Position Descriptions
- Obtaining approval for the Staff Relations Budget in collaboration with the Budget Subcommittee of the Trustees
- Reviewing adequacy of compensation
- Establishing processes and appointing authorized people to hire, train, evaluate, and terminate employees
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations
- Maintaining the Employee Handbook
Point of Contact: Leanne Strommen, TE, Moderator
Monthly Meeting: 3rd Thursday, 9:30-11:00 AM
Leanne Strommen, TE, Moderator
Tom Cramer, TE Executive Presbyter, Staff
Kathy Long, Staff
Becky, Campos, RE
Bill Ewing, RE
Mary Hornbuckle, RE
Renette Laase, RE
Lynn Levoy, RE
Jack Loo, TE
Steve Marsh, TE