ResourcesOur Mission Statement
Who We Are
We Value Our Mission
With 42 churches, spanning an area of more than 2,000 square miles, speaking eight languages in worship on a Sunday morning and situated amongst a population of 5.2 million, the Presbytery of Los Ranchos is a diverse tapestry of people, churches and relationships.
Our churches are involved in ministry within their own neighborhoods, in partnership with each other across the presbytery, and partnering with outside organizations such as World Vision.
We, in the Presbytery of Los Ranchos, are many things, but at our core we seek to further the Kingdom of God, by serving our congregations, in all that we are and do. Some of the ways we hope to do this are by:
- Being an environment that fosters learning
- Encouraging relationship amongst our churches and in the wider community
- Cultivating and nurturing that which makes us stronger together than on our own
What we are not:
- Primarily a regulatory body, seeking to keep track of our churches and make sure they ‘stay in line’
- “The man behind the curtain,” as in The Wizard of Oz. We do not exist to provide all of the answers or bestow words from on high
- Just a meeting. Though we do participate in ‘presbytery gatherings’ on a regular basis, the ‘presbytery’ is less a meeting and more an organic web of relationships and interconnectedness amongst our people and our churches
We believe that where two or three of us are gathered, ‘the presbytery is there.’ So, whether this be churches who partner together for Hurricane Katrina Recovery work on the Gulf Coast, the Y Malawi Network of those who are praying for and working with that African country, or partnerships that bridge the urban suburban divide that often splits our communities and churches, these are all examples of the Presbytery of Los Ranchos.