PLR COVID Relief Fund
Individuals and congregations are able to contribute to the PLR COVID Relief Fund that is providing grants for its faith communities due to the impact of decreased giving and increased special funding and expenses related to the pandemic.
A few key things to note:
- The SCT was able to provide over $140,000 in Grants and $60,000 in Loans to nearly 30 faith communities in the Presbytery of Los Ranchos in 2020. These funds were used to purchase video cameras, recording equipment, stronger wifi connections for livestreaming, PPE and sanitizing supplies for church staff and volunteers, as well as help to offset expenses due to decreased rental income and/or decrease in giving.
- A generous gift from the Synod of Southern California and Hawaii along with a reallocation of the SCT 2020 budget and PLR Investment Funds set up the COVID Relief Fund, which now has an approximate balance of $440,000 for the Second Round Grants for COVID Relief
To contribute to this fund, you can give by the following methods:
- Via the PLR website using the Donate button, CoVID Relief has been added to the designation choices for the donor to select
- Via Zelle using the email address: [email protected]ranchos.org making an notation the funds for the PLR CoVID relief fund
- Mail a check to the PLR offices with a notation the funds are for the PLR CoVID Relief fund
- Via an ACH (direct deposit) transfer to the PLR bank account (please contact Kathy Long for instructions)